– Ensure that you have installed necessary USB drivers for Xiaomi Mi5 smartphone.
– Enable USB Debugging Mode.
– Create a backup of all data of the phone before following the root method.
– Check the battery percentage of the phone, it should be at least 80%.
– Rooting the device will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
– We will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
Installation from Fastboot!
Unlock your Bootloader here http://en.miui.com/unlock/
Download TWRP Image from the above links
In Fastboot Mode (powered OFF, press Power and VOL- until fastboot logo appear).
Connect to a pc with installed Fastboot/ADB tools
Fastboot flash recovery TWRP 3.0.2-1 megthebest MI5.img (or rename TWRP 3.0.2-1 megthebest MI5 to simply recovery.img before starting fastboot command)
1. To boot into recovery, Goto Settings> Updater>Click on — button & Click on Reboot to Recovery.
2. Click on Install & locate the downloaded SuperSU.zip file. Swipe to Install, that’s it! You have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Mi5.